At One Touch Heating & Air Conditioning, we prioritize your safety when it comes to furnace operation. Here are 10 essential furnace safety tips to keep in mind:
- Regular Maintenance: Schedule professional furnace maintenance to ensure optimal performance and identify potential safety issues.
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detectors: Install CO detectors near your furnace and throughout your home to detect any leaks and protect against this silent, deadly gas.
- Clear Surroundings: Keep the area around your furnace clear of clutter, flammable materials, and debris to prevent fire hazards.
- Proper Ventilation: Ensure proper ventilation for your furnace, including clear air intake and exhaust vents.
- Change Filters: Regularly change or clean your furnace filters to maintain efficient airflow and prevent dust buildup.
- Test Smoke Detectors: Check and test your smoke detectors regularly to ensure they are functioning correctly.
- Avoid DIY Repairs: Leave furnace repairs and maintenance to qualified professionals to avoid potential hazards.
- Fire Safety Precautions: Keep a fire extinguisher nearby and ensure everyone in your home knows how to use it.
- Be Alert for Strange Smells or Noises: Unusual odours or strange noises coming from your furnace may indicate a problem. Contact a professional for an inspection.
- Know the Emergency Shut-Off: Familiarize yourself with the emergency shut-off switch for your furnace, so you can quickly turn it off if needed.
For expert furnace maintenance, repairs, or any concerns about furnace safety, contact us at 416–844–4783. Trust One Touch Heating & Air Conditioning to keep your furnace running safely and efficiently.